[platform-core-dev] making session tests part of the AutomatedTests suite

Sometime ago we decided to have the session tests run as an independent
session suite. It was to more clearly show whether any eventual failures
happened in the (then) recently added (thus less stable) session tests or
the regular tests, and maybe also because session tests took too long to
run (they add startup+shutdown time for each test case run).

The problem with that is that it is very easy to forget to run the session
test suite (I just fixed a bug that I introduced last week and was
unnoticed until the builds started failing during the weekend). It is
already hard to remember to fire the tests in three different plug-ins.

If the reason for having them separate was performance, I suggest we keep
two separated suites, one for session and another for non-session tests,
but make AutomatedTests (the conventional master test suite) trigger both.

Any comments to the contrary?

Rafael

Back to the top