Re: [platform-core-dev] Problem in eclipse 3.0

If you are installing extra plugins over the basic Eclipse install, you should either:

a) Use the update manager (Help > Software Updates). This would require the third party plugin to be located on an update site, or be packaged as a product extension.
b) Drop the extra plugin into the plugins directory, and then start eclipse with the "-clean" command line argument. This will force Eclipse to search for an install all plugins in the plugins directory.
--

Pradeep wrote on 07/01/2004 08:42:03 AM:

> At present i am using Eclipse M7 on Windows 2000 Proffesional.

> I have downloaded latest release of Eclipse 3.0 and moved my
> development environment to new eclipse.

> I'am using QuantumDB plugin to explore Databases and various other plugins.
> New eclipse does not recognize new plugins added in its plugins
> folder like earlier versions.

> I also downloaded updated versions of all the plugins i use but none
> were detected by eclipse.

> Incidentally when i upgraded eclipse for Cheetah patch for J2SE1.5;
> it detected my new plugins.

Back to the top