Re: [platform-core-dev] Problem in eclipse 3.0

New plugins should be detected automatically as normal.  If you are convinced that you have an absolutely fresh Eclipse install and all you are doing is dropping some new plugins into the "plugins" dir then please enter a bug report with all the details.  if you are dropping in features or changing existing plugins then more/different steps are required.

BTW, you only need -clean if you go and CHANGE something in a PREVIOUSLY installed plugin (after running Eclipse once).

Jeff

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/05/2004 10:38 AM

Please respond to
platform-core-dev

platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [platform-core-dev] Problem in eclipse 3.0

If you are installing extra plugins over the basic Eclipse install, you should either:

a) Use the update manager (Help > Software Updates). This would require the third party plugin to be located on an update site, or be packaged as a product extension.

b) Drop the extra plugin into the plugins directory, and then start eclipse with the "-clean" command line argument. This will force Eclipse to search for an install all plugins in the plugins directory.

--

Pradeep wrote on 07/01/2004 08:42:03 AM:

> At present i am using Eclipse M7 on Windows 2000 Proffesional.

> I have downloaded latest release of Eclipse 3.0 and moved my
> development environment to new eclipse.

> I'am using QuantumDB plugin to explore Databases and various other plugins.

> New eclipse does not recognize new plugins added in its plugins
> folder like earlier versions.
> I also downloaded updated versions of all the plugins i use but none
> were detected by eclipse.

> Incidentally when i upgraded eclipse for Cheetah patch for J2SE1.5;
> it detected my new plugins.

Back to the top