Re: [platform-core-dev] RFC 0002 - .metadata under project content area

I've been down this path with our plugins and came to the same conclusions
as Jean-Michel.  We are currently storing non-shared persistent metadata
using the persistent resource properties.  We are storing shared
perstistent properties in a plugin-dependent format in a
.project-properties file in the project content.

One problem that our scheme doesn't fix is that we would like to have the
non-shared metadata be packaged with the project on export.  This would
include things like (for example) remote build system user ids and other
user-specific settings.  It sounds like this is addressed by having both
shared and non-shared metadata located in the project content area with
the non-shared metadata being marked by the plugin as "do not store in
repository".

What sort of API would we be looking at for this?

-- Dave

Back to the top