Re: [platform-core-dev] RFC 0002 - .metadata under project content area

See RG>>>

Greg_Adams@xxxxxxx
Sent by: platform-core-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/09/01 07:03 PM
Please respond to platform-core-dev

        To:        platform-core-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [platform-core-dev] RFC 0002 - .metadata under project content area

Based on Rodrigo's email it seems RFC 002 is closed/withdrawn and we are now persueing one of the proposed alternatives , namely a .metadata folder inside the  project.

Comments & Questions

*        Seems like it helps cut/copy/paste (drag drop) issue raised by Randy because no longer is the core's meta
       Randy - is this true?

RG>>> If the metadata is part of the project then cut/copy will just put a reference to the project directory on the clipboard. Paste will call core API to create a new project based on this reference.

Even if you choose to have the location of the .metadata directory be optional (it seems this would address some of the issues Jeff raised about sharing a project) we could just put two references on the clipboard: one for the metadata and one for the content.

Note that by optional I mean letting the user specify if the .metadata is located in the project root. Actually the only case I can think of is where you are specifying a non-workspace project root but what to keep the metadata in the workspace (in a directory with the same name as the project i.e. metadata local, contents remote).

Back to the top