Re: [platform-core-dev] Re: New marker update API

I too would be interested to hear what the editor & jdom folks have to say,
and in particular about the
marker updates based on context - you mentioned Kai new the use case. Will
you follow up to have them participate.
<JA>I've posted to the UI mailing list, and had bugzilla discussions with
JDT UI folk, but no feedback on the proposal yet. </JA>

ps. Agree we're all learning the proposal process - as a tip we learned
from the ui "loss of context proposal" that a lengthy
proposal is tough. Just look at the discussion on this well focused
proposal. A large one gets very difficult. After you've done the rounds do
you intend to have this voted on ?
<JA>I won't be ready to put this to a vote until I'm sure it satisfies the
needs of downstream clients that asked for it.  Eventually, yes.  I think
our plan is to have a vote for all non-trivial API changes in core.</JA>

Back to the top