Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant project builders in separate VM?

Shackelford, John-Mason wrote:

And furthermore, though an active member of the ant community, I am *not* on
a first-name basis with anyone that has constructed a build system tied to
an IDE. :)

If this is the party line, I'm starting to wonder why there is a "plugin can add tasks to Ant" feature at all. (And feeling just a bit stupid for having written one.)

I can imagine all the great fun I can have explaining to users why they "installed your plugin and it doesn't work." I really don't get enough of that from the way Eclipse remembers past editor choices. ;-}

But I'm trying to reconcile 1) the plugin works just fine in 2.1 and 3.0 by default with 2) the decision was made a long time ago that it wouldn't. Is that just one of those 3.0 incompatibility shoes that hasn't dropped yet?

Bob

Back to the top