Re: [platform-ant-dev] Is JUnit an external tool?

I concur that JUnit, despite being a "tool" of the trade, is just another
way of running the application under development.  To say otherwise opens
the question, is the debugger an external tool?

Jeff

                      "Darin Wright"
                      <Darin_Wright@xxxxxxx>          To:      platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                        cc:
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@         Subject: Re: [platform-ant-dev] Is JUnit an external
                      eclipse.org                     tool?

                      12/03/2002 10:08 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

I think of Ant as a release engineering tool - i.e. something that compiles
and deploys applications. I think of JUnit as another way of
running/debugging the application I am developing. As well, I would never
use JUnit as a "project builder". So, on some level they are different
types of tools. However, I do think of JUnit as a tool, rather than a first
class "type" of application. (So I do not have an answer).

Moving such tools to the "external tool" side would reduce the clutter
problem we have in the "run/debug as" menu :-). Where do things like
profilers fit?

Darin

   Jared Burns
   <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>               To:
   Sent by:                        platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   platform-ant-dev-admin@eclipse.         cc:
   org                                     Subject:
                                   [platform-ant-dev] Is JUnit an external
                                   tool?
   12/03/2002 05:25 PM
   Please respond to
   platform-ant-dev

Thought of the day:

Is JUnit an "external tool" to the same degree that Ant is? Should JUnit
configurations appear in the External Tool menu with Ant configs?

- Jared