[platform-ant-dev] A small report on what needs to be polished in the Ant View.

Title: Message
Hi,
I had just downloaded the latest integration build to see the re-vamped version of the Ant View. And I am pretty impressed that it is much better then before.

There are a few things that struck me, that I want to talk about.

The Ant View needs to have a "refresh" feature. The reason why I am saying this,  is suppose I have a very simple ant file, and I have included the ant file in the Ant View, and after adding this file to the ant view, i decide to edit the ant file and add another target. Now the Ant View does not reflect my changes. I thought that if I click on save, the Ant View will show my changes, but it doesn't. The work-around for this is to remove the file from the Ant View and re-add it. But I don't think this is a good solution. I think that u should have a "Refresh" button on the right hand side of the Ant View. Actually it should work like this.. if u click on save, the Ant View gets refreshed, and if u click on the "Refresh button" on the Ant View, the Ant View will obviously get refreshed.

Another thing.. though an Ant file can be added using the "Add Build File" feature from the Ant View,  I think that having a feature allowing the user to drag and drop the Ant Script from the Package Explorer to the Ant View, will be something interesting. I don't know if this can be implemented, cause I don't know the how the internal things in Eclipse works like.

The Ant View is divided into 2 columns. The 2 columns should have headers with a dark color background, with a description on what the columns are.

When u close, or delete a project, the name of the build files still remain in the Ant View.. They shouldn't be there. I actually reported this in the BUG report.

Anyways.. I will keep testing the Ant View and see what else I can report to u.

But so far, the Ant View is turning out really nice..

Saumendra

Back to the top