Re: [platform-ant-dev] Is JUnit an external tool?

I think of Ant as a release engineering tool - i.e. something that compiles and deploys applications. I think of JUnit as another way of running/debugging the application I am developing. As well, I would never use JUnit as a "project builder". So, on some level they are different types of tools. However, I do think of JUnit as a tool, rather than a first class "type" of application. (So I do not have an answer).

Moving such tools to the "external tool" side would reduce the clutter problem we have in the "run/debug as" menu :-). Where do things like profilers fit?

Darin

Jared Burns <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ant-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/03/2002 05:25 PM