[platform-ant-dev] How to use Ant functionality in recent builds?

Hi,

I have problems with the new AntView functionality in recent builds.

Here is my use case:
I'm helping to port Eclipse to Mac OS X, and I'm working on several other plugins. Since I try to be self hosted on any new development quite frequently, I have to export various plugins or dlls. For this I'm running a small number of targets (about 2) in a small number of Ant-scripts (3-4).

Before the Ant overhaul I could just select the Ant-script and choose the right target from the dialog and press OK. This was not perfect, because I always got the dialog, but dismissing it was not a big deal.

This seems to have changed in recent builds dramatically:

- there is still a "Run Ant.." action in the context menu but I don't get the dialog to pick a target (so the ellipses seems to be wrong).

- there is an AntView which shows me some of my Ant files (only the ones that match a name configured on a preference page), however I'm not really interested in all the targets and Ant files that I never use. But I want to see some Ant files with different names without having to go to the preference page. In addition, running a target does not automatically switch to the console, so I don't get any feedback what is happening.

- I tried to use the "External Tools..." toolbar action. However, I could not configure it to get different configurations for different targets in the same Ant-script.

So what I would like to be able to do is:
- configure a few 'Ant configurations' for different targets in the same or different Ant-file which I can access easily from the 'Run External Tools' toolbar drop down menu. - I'm not interested in browsing Ant-files after the initial setup, so I don't need the AntView. - an alternative would be to have a dynamic context menu entry that lists the available targets.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for any help,
--andre

Back to the top