Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant View rework

Until we can use JDK 1.4, you can always make another copy of the
StringMatcher class for simple expression matching.  Sadly, there are
currently 8 copies of this, but one more wouldn't hurt ;)  You can find one
in, for example, in package org.eclipse.ui.internal.misc in the
org.eclipse.ui.workbench plugin.  Enjoy...

                      Jared Burns
                      <jared-eclipse@xxxxxxxx        To:       platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      m>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                       Subject:  Re: [platform-ant-dev] Ant View rework
                      platform-ant-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      11/26/2002 05:50 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-ant-dev

The new Ant View is now in a functional, but unpolished state.

I've checked in the change to the external tools plugin's plugin.xml to
contribute the new AntView instead of the old, so the new view will appear
by
default starting with tonight's build.

You can add and remove build files manually, run a selected target, select
multiple targets and specify their execution order, and now search for
build
files with a given name within the workspace or a working set.

Once I have a regular expression matching algorithm (if anyone wants to
contribute this speak up by tomorrow :-), you'll be able to search for
files
using a pattern. At this point, I'm just planning to support * and ? in the

pattern.

I encourage folks to give the new ant view a try before next week's
integration build so we can hammer out any bugs or usability issues.

Thanks,
- Jared