Re: [platform-ant-dev] feedback

Erich,

I agree with your points about simplifying the simple case.  Often, the
current implementation forces me to use the "power" solution when I just
want to do something very simple.

>      The main contributor for the complexity here is the support to run
>      more than one target at the same time. Having support to run more
>      than one target is interesting, but it shouldn't make my common task
more complex.
>      I wonder why a user doesn't define an additional target in
>      a script when there is the desire to run more than one target at
once.
>      Just thinking, the UI could actually provide a create target
>      action based on the currently selected targets.

A use case:

Lately I have been running tasks from within the build.xml that the PDE
generates when I do a "Create Plug-in JARs".  PDE regenerates this file
every time, and overwrites changes I make to the file.  You could argue
that this is a bug in PDE.  But I disagree, from the command line I can run
(& order) multiple targets, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to do
so in Eclipse.

jkca

Back to the top