[platform-ant-dev] Jelly: the new ant?

I recently returned from a conference where some Jakarta insiders were
suggesting that Ant will eventually be superceded by a thing called
"Jelly".  I just wanted to pass this interesting rumour along to those
working in the ant world.  Ant obviously isn't going away, but it looks
like Jelly is intended to eventually replace it.  To quote from the Jakarta
site, "you could think of Jelly as a more flexible engine for processing
Ant tasks with better expression, logic and looping support. "  Jelly is
still in a beta state, but looks interesting.  Of course it has the usual
cute library add-ons like JellyUnit, JellySwing, and of course, JellyBeans!
Here's the link for more info:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/

Back to the top