Antwort: Re: Antwort: RE: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

Hello David!

Well, you are really busy with emailing today, right? ;-)

David Whiteman <dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> am 22.10.2002 17:51:00

Bitte antworten an David Whiteman <dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

An:    Alf Schiefelbein/Berlin/Gebit
Kopie:
Thema: Re: Antwort: RE: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

> Looks nice! Have you thought about incorporating the color editor
> into PLAnty?  It appears that the color editor's author has made it
> clear that people can use the code for whatever they wish.

Just with the arrival of your email I was cheeringly jumping of my chair.
:-)
No, it is not because of your mail. But just now I got the color
highlighting
to work for planty.

About integrating the color editor within planty:
I know the color editor and I was actually thinking just your way, when I
first
saw it. Let me tell you what I think about the color editor. It is a nice
tool
as long as your only alternative is the plain Text Editor. But as soon, as
you
have another editor, you can leave the color editor. The feature of JEdit's
color highlighting is great, but it makes no sense having an editor that
supports syntax highlighting for any file type, but no other feature. It
would
be great if the color editor's coloring feature would be available as
extension
point or similar, so that any editor could just use color highlighting by
using
that extension. But for that, probably quite a lot of work has to be done
and
of course some eclipse's base functionality has to change, which will most
probably not happen :-(.

Thus it stays that way that every editor has to support color highlighting
by itself :-(.

greetings, alf

Back to the top