Antwort: RE: [platform-ant-dev] Ant integration in Eclipse

Hello,

let me jump into this XML (Ant) Editor issue. It seems that most of us
agree that writing build.xml may
be sometimes 'a pain in the ...' without tool support.

That is actually the reason why we (gebit.de) started writing a plug-in
like that a couple weeks ago. It
started out as some small ant editor with code assist functionality. After
agreeing, it to be something
that other people might also need, it has been made public about two weeks
ago. It was named PLAnty.
Some of you might have found it and tried it out already. Responses have
been quite positive.
Actually, people liked it so far and also agreed that PLAnty is of real
help for them.
 - alright this is not gonna be some kind of advertisement :)

One of the first who contacted me was Darin, who told me that this could
really be something for
the eclipse ant tooling. Maybe some others of you want to have a look at
it, too. Actually we really would
like to see PLAnty at part of eclipse and will contribute the code to the
community if wanted. Though
code and features are not yet really at the state for contribution.

You may download it at http://www.gebit.de/download/Download_java.htm
Though, I suggest not jumping to the URL right now. The release 0.3 that
you can find there unfortunately
does not run on any Eclipse Builds of the 2.1 Branch (like M1 and others).
It only runs on 2.0 and 2.0.1.
I am right now working on it and planning on a release to the end of the
week, that will fix those issues
also some other xml parser issues.

I will keep you up to date, if you are interested.

greetings, alf

"Shackelford, John-Mason" <ShacJo@xxxxxxx> am 22.10.2002 15:48:43

Bitte antworten an platform-ant-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx