Re: [platform-ant-dev] Testing Ant in a target workspace

Hello everyone,

Sorry for taking this long to jump into the discussion. I used to use PDE
(Runtime-Workbench) to develop Ant normally. The only thing that differs
ant.core and the plug-ins that contribute Ant tasks is that they have to
build the JARs that contribute the tasks before starting the Runtime
Workbench. These JARs are not the plug-in libraries. They are any extra
JARs you are contributing through the following extension point (example
from ant.core):

- <extension point="org.eclipse.ant.core.extraClasspathEntries">
          <extraClasspathEntry library="lib/antsupportlib.jar" />
        </extension>

In order to make it easier I associated an external tools builder to
produce the JAR for ant.core when you do a full build. So, If you do a full
build on ant.core and start your runtime-workbench in debug mode and run an
Ant buildfile should be able to debug ant.core and any tasks you might
contribute.

Let me know if you have any problem,

Rodrigo

Back to the top