Re: [photran] Plugins to photran?

Hi James,

> are the interfaces to the variable view editor, especially how the
> variable values are passed to either the Action or the Handler (this

I assume you are talking about the variables view in the debugger...?
If so, this code is not actually in Photran. It is in CDT. When you
choose "Debug as Local Fortran Application," all Photran does is
launch the debugger from CDT. The debugger in CDT is more or less a
GUI for GDB; it uses GDB/MI to communicate with GDB, and GDB provides
all of the information used to populate the variables view, etc.

> but I was simply wondering if their were any Photran-related
> difficulties or interfaces I should now about.  Especially important

Check out the "Internals" page on the Photran website, particularly
the Photran Developer's Guide and the photran-dev mailing list. If you
end up working with CDT (e.g., the debugger), you should probably join
the cdt-dev mailing list
(https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/cdt-dev) since the people
who work on the debugger monitor that list.

Jeff

Back to the top