Re: [photran] Newbie Questions - Initial Install of Intel Fortran with Eclipse/Photran

Hi Brent

I have pretty much the same setup. As the others have pointed out, it is most likely the environment you need to set up before starting Eclipse.
Specifically, in the command line, do the following (paths might differ, but I guess they should be the same, since these are all the standard settings with Ubuntu and the latest Intel compiler. Assuming you have a 32 bit system, else change argument in first line).

. /usr/local/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/bin/compilervars.sh ia32
cd /usr/local/eclipse
./eclipse

That should be it.

If you want to start Eclipse from the graphical desktop (i.e. not from the command line), you can do the following:
somewhere in your PATH, create a file, e.g. 'eclipse_ifc', and make it executable.
Copy, paste and save the next lines (note that this also sets the debugger environment and the MKL environment, all supplied with ifort):

#!/bin/bash
#

. /usr/local/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/bin/compilervars.sh ia32
. /usr/local/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/bin/idbvars.sh ia32
. /usr/local/intel/composerxe-2011.3.174/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh $* ia32
cd /usr/local/eclipse
./eclipse

Then, create a new item in the Launcher Menu Editor and have it execute the command
eclipse_ifc (this might differ with the desktop, if you use KDE I can give you even more details). Now eclipse should come up with the correct environment simply by clicking on the icon.

Let me know if you need more help!

Daniel