Re: [photran] Context sensitive Fortran language reference (similar to F1 in QVF of IVF)?

Is there a context sensitive Fortran language reference in Photran,
similar to F1 help functionality in the Microsoft Dev Studio/Intel Fortran?
If not are there plans to introduce one?

We do our code development on the PC side under Windows XP
using both Compaq Visual Fortran and Intel Visual Fortran and then
shadow source onto the Linux side and use a makefile to build the code
and then execute on Linux clusters.
In general we are satisfied with the whole process, except it requires
maintaining two sets of libraries (include FFTW, MKL, IDF, MPI,...)
on both Linux and Windows platforms. And switching to new
versions can be a pain. So, we are looking into ways to abandon
the PC side altogether.

In both PC environments one can highlight any Fortran statement
(e.g. OPEN or FORMAT or RESHAPE) and press F1 and it will
open a help file with the description and examples.

I have been using this F1 help system since ~1990
or so first in the Borland Turbo Pascal and C++ and later
in Microsoft Power Fortran, Dev Studios, etc. etc.
and have grown very accustomed to it.

Back to the top