I followed your advice and updated Helios/PTP/Photran to SR1/4.0.3/6.0.3. After checking that my programs still worked correctly, I updated PTP/Photran to 4.0.5/6.0.5 and, again, everything worked fine.

I will add this information to the blog. I'd be happy to give you the credit for it, but I won't write your name unless you authorise me to do so.

Ciao,   Giulio.
--
Giulio Zambon  giulio@xxxxxxxxxx
20 Jenolan Street, Harrison ACT 2914, Australia
Ph: +61 (0)2 6241 6598  Cell: +61 (0)4 0999 7009
http://zambon.com.au/  http://giuliozambon.blogspot.com

On 2011-01-05 02:33 , Beth Tibbitts wrote:

Hi Giulio, great to see all this info in one place.

Your description uses the original versions of Helios (and PTP, and Photran) instead of the SR1 release in September.
That URL should be http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-cc-developers/heliossr1
Or even better: Tell them to go to http://eclipse.org/downloads/ and click on "Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers" which will always get the latest version. (Now it's Helios SR1.)
Using your update site instructions *will* correctly install PTP and Photran at 4.0.3 and 6.0.3 versions.
Then if you do a Help > Check for Updates -- it will update things to the SR1 level.

In fact, PTP itself had some slight updates even since then.
Perhaps not critical, but handy to know how to do:
See http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/FAQ#update_ptp_specific
Your PTP should then be at 4.0.5 and Photran at 6.0.5 (your instructions show 4.0.0 and 6.0.0)
Can you confirm that all works with your fixes at the updated levels?
Thanks!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Giulio Zambon ---01/04/2011 01:29:58 AM---I just posted on my blog an article that explains how I insGiulio Zambon ---01/04/2011 01:29:58 AM---I just posted on my blog an article that explains how I installed gfortran with Eclipse on a Snow L

Giulio Zambon <giulio@xxxxxxxxxx>

photran@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/04/2011 01:29 AM

[photran] Fortran & Eclipse on the Mac

    Sent by:

photran-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I just posted on my blog an article that explains how I installed
gfortran with Eclipse on a Snow Leopard system. I hope it will be
useful to some. I had problems partly because Eclipse Helios is a
32-bit application and the new Macs are 64-bit systems. Here is the link:

http://giuliozambon.blogspot.com/2011/01/fortran-and-eclipse-on-mac.html

Ciao, Giulio.