[photran] Problem with managed build projects

 Dear Photran developers,

I have had quite a few problems with managed build projects since version 6.0, because of module files, up to the point that I reverted to traditional "Makefile projects" as a quick and dirty way to get my result.

Unfortunately I do not have time to investigate that at the moment and this is why I did not write about this before and will not be able to provide many details here. Sorry.

The Pb is that eclipse/photran refuses to build the project more than once, because of an internal error such as:
"An internal error occurred during: "Build Project".
Could not find a file to match the module name: const_fond"
whereas I do have a file const_fond.f in my src sub-directory and I also do have a const_fond.mod in that directory (created the first time the project built OK). (I tried also to rename const_fond.f as const_fond.f90 but that did not work better) (I have only one module per file and the name of the file is the name of the module)

Sometimes eclipse/photran also wants to compile a module that belongs to another project in the workspace which has no relation to the current project...

These problems occur under Linux/gfortran as well as under Win64/gfortran and also (but I am less sure it is systematic) for Linux/ifort.

--

Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL

Back to the top