Re: [photran] Linux Tools Project (Daniel Harenberg)

 Dan,

The only usable FORTRAN profiling / re-factoring tools I know of outside
of Photran,
are from commercial products like Intel's FORTRAN compiler and
Oracle/Sun SolStudio
and even most of those are C or C++ based.

The one in GNU is not very effective, as it was written for F90 and
doesn't play
nice with f95, f2003 or f2008, and both Intel and GNU are strictly c.l.
interfaces.
in Unix* Linux. And of course M$ has dropped FORTRAN altogether.

There are a few glitches in the one for Photran, in it's re-factoring of
code.
Once it's run against the source it is non functional in several other
IDEs and
compilers.
Which for me is not a big deal, as long as it compiles correctly under
Photran
and the resulting executable program works as it should.

Research material and tools for FORTRAN @ http://www.fortran.com/

Cheers

Craig