[photran] Photran 6

 Hi,

I've been using Photran 6 since it came out and I am really happy with it! Thanks a lot!!!

I noticed a few minor things and wanted to ask whether I am mistaken, or whether there is a workaround and this might be corrected in future versions.

i) It seems some Fortran 90 intrinsics are not recognized by the editor, so they do not display in the correct format (typically italic light pink). The ones I found are 'size', 'len', 'kind'.

ii) Similarly, some words are formatted like intrinsics although they aren't. One I found is 'gamma'.

iii) When I use the ampersand character (&) to continue the command in the next line, the first line looses some of the formats. E.g.

real(dp),dimension(:,:),&
optional, intent(inout) :: df ! Initial Jacobian

dimension will not be displayed in red bold anymore (as it should). However, real, optional, intent are still formatted in the correct way.

iv) In the 'Fortran Projects View', when I copy and paste a project (giving the copy a new name), I have to manually change the 'Folders to be searched for modules' in 'Properties' -> 'Fortran General' -> 'Analysis/Refactoring'. All else immediately works fine.

None of this affects compiling, which works fine. However, there is one last, more complicated point, which does prevent me from compiling:

v) When I create a new Build Configuration (from menu Project -> Build Configurations -> Manage...), and try to build, I get the error message

make: *** No rule to make target `Debug_IA-32/interfaces/int_cubspleval.o', needed by `f_eulerasset.o'. Stop.

Note that the new configuration is not named Debug_IA-32. This behavior seems to be independent of which option I select in the 'Create New Configuration' dialog in the section 'Copy settings from'. I do use the automatic makefiles. In the subdir.mk, there appear some Debug_IA-32/ which are not present in other, working configurations.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks.

Daniel

Back to the top