Re: [photran] "Updating fortran editor with new parser information"

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Jeffrey Overbey <overbey2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> and this messes with the horizontal scrollbar position (brings it back all
> the way to the left) as well as with my current cursor hightlighting
> selection (I think it resets it as though I had released the left mouse

We followed your instructions and tried to reproduce this on Windows 7
and Mac OS X, but we couldn't.

I'm on linux, and I don't have an easy way to check this on Windows 7 or OSX.

Alexis, does the problem go away when you turn off
analysis/refactoring support?

Yes it does.

What if you leave analysis/refactoring
enabled but turn off the Declaration View, Content Assist, and/or
Hover Tips?

With analysis/refactoring enabled, and all other 3 disabled, the problem still occurs.

Can you get similar behavior in a C or C++ file or an
ordinary text file?

I have tried:
- python file (.py, I have pydev): no problem
- .m4 file: no problem
- .c file: no problem.

However, I now realise that I can only reproduce this with some, not all, of my Fortran source files. I cannot tell what characteristic of the files might be important here yet. Jeff, maybe I could send you a couple of examples of files that do and files that don't trigger the behaviour?

Even more puzzling, if I create a new empty Fortran project, copy 2 files over (only one of which triggered the problem in my real project), and turn on refactoring, both files now trigger the issue. But if I copy those same two files to another pre-existing project, only one of the files triggers the issue.

I realise this might be a difficult one to track down - I'm happy to go off the list & provide more info/files as needed, if that's what you'd rather do.

Cheers,
Alexis

Thanks.

Jeff