[photran] "Updating fortran editor with new parser information"

I've noticed an annoying feature when I turn on refactoring support.
Anytime I make a change to a file in the Photran editor, a "Updating fortran editor with new parser information" operation is performed (very quickly), and this messes with the horizontal scrollbar position (brings it back all the way to the left) as well as with my current cursor hightlighting selection (I think it resets it as though I had released the left mouse button). This is irritating enough that it makes refactoring close to non-usable for me.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Is this a bug?
Any workarounds for now?

The easiest reproducer I could come up with, in case you can't see the behaviour:
- turn on refactoring support.
- open a photran editor window, and make sure there is at least one line which is longer than can be displayed in the window, so that the horizontal scrollbar is usable.
- move the scroll bar all the way to the right hand side
- make a change, like insert a space somewhere, then wait about 0.5-1.0 second
- the editor should have "moved itself" to the leftmost position of the horizontal scrollbar by now

Cheers,
Alexis

Back to the top