Re: [photran] Managed Make / Photran 6

Hi Daniel,

> built in the correct order by respecting dependencies (e.g. modules
> first), and that files can be organized in subfolders within the
> project.

These two issues should already be fixed in the latest Photran 6
prerelease, if you want to try it out.  It's still necessary to put
modules in a file named after the module (e.g., module "kinds" in
"kinds.f90"), but that shouldn't be a terribly restrictive
requirement.

I'm afraid we won't be able to add much more to the managed build
system, due partly to time constraints (the Helios feature freeze is
at the end of this month).  But you're right that there's a market for
it, and fixing those two issues seemed like the absolute minimum we
should do.

Jeff

Back to the top