Re: [photran] Managed Make / Photran 6

> Hi Daniel,
>
>> built in the correct order by respecting dependencies (e.g. modules
>> first), and that files can be organized in subfolders within the
>> project.
>
> These two issues should already be fixed in the latest Photran 6
> prerelease, if you want to try it out.  It's still necessary to put
> modules in a file named after the module (e.g., module "kinds" in
> "kinds.f90"), but that shouldn't be a terribly restrictive
> requirement.
>
> I'm afraid we won't be able to add much more to the managed build
> system, due partly to time constraints (the Helios feature freeze is
> at the end of this month).  But you're right that there's a market for
> it, and fixing those two issues seemed like the absolute minimum we
> should do.
>
>Jeff

Back when I worked on the CDT managed build system, I wrote a simple Fortran dependency calculator as a test case for CDT dependency calculation.  It can be found at:

cdt.managedbuilder.core.tests.DefaultFortranDependencyCalculator.java

It worked when it was written.  I don’t know if it still works.  I don’t know how it compares to the current solution.

Just an FYI.

Leo

Back to the top