Re: [photran] Automatic make with gfortran

Automatic make-file generation with dependency-honouring offering of the files to the compiler is highly useful! A "feature" of mkmf.pl that is "less optimal" is that it has problems when it finds several source files for the same MODULE. In my project I have several flavours for a particular MODULE. I copy the relevant one into the generic name <modulename>.f90 before I start compiling. mkmf.pl does not like different versions of the same module to be around, since it cannot decide which one to USE. Also: in my project directory there may be half-finished test-programs. Mkmf.pl crashes when it finds out that not all sources to compile a half-finished test-program exist. This should be irrelevant as long as I don't try to compile such a program. These are just caveats that can be solved.

Arjan

Disclaimer RIVM

Back to the top