Re: [photran] Automatic make with gfortran

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Walt Brainerd <walt.brainerd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BUT, it appears that the make does not take into
account USE and INCLUDE dependencies--just
recompiling any file that has been changed. Is
this correct?

You are right.   We inherited managed make and don't really use it ourselves; we usually start with an existing makefile.  However, lots of people complain about it, and we have started to think that we should do something about it.

I have never used mkmf, but looked it up http://docs.hp.com/en/B9106-90007/mkmf.1.html
I noticed that Fortran is on the list.  We'll take a look at this.

-Ralph Johnson

Back to the top