[photran] Linked Module Problem

I am new to Photran.  I have struggled for a couple of weeks trying to install it with the Intel compiler 11.1 on Fedora and then Ubuntu.  I gave up on Fedora, but I have been mostly successful with Ubuntu.  I still have two problems in my way.

1.  I can only compile a program that is one source file.  If there are multiple source files it doesn't work.  For example, I have two source files: a main program and a module.  The module contains a function the main program calls.  When I compile I get an error that the function is not found.  There are no syntax errors because the same code compiles in Microsoft Visual Studio in Windows.  Interestingly, the module was compiled because there is a .mod file, but it just isn't linked to the main problem.  Could this be a PATH problem?

2.  Ubuntu uses the Dash shell and Dash doesn't read the PATH variables for the ifort compiler I put into the .bashrc file.  This is causing ifort to be not found when I try to compile.  I have tried to put the PATH in .profile, but that has no effect.  I found a work-around by opening a Bash terminal and type in eclipse to run it.  Does anyone know how to run the program from the "Applications" menu?

Thanks

Back to the top