[photran] Debugging

I am messing with the latest Photran and find many nice
things that are improved. But, alas, also having some problems.

First, I was not sure which version of Eclipse to use, so I am
trying the C/C++ Developers version, which mostly seems to work.
However, if that is the wrong one, somebody please let me know
and ignore the rest of this message!

I spent a long time figuring out that .f95 files don't work with the
automatic Make and gfortran. It would be nice if they a) worked
or b) it was in the manual (maybe I missed it).

After building a project, I can Run -> Run As -> Local Fortran ...
and it appears that this creates a run configuration, but in the
C/C++ category.

I can Run -> Run Configurations and make a new one. I select
the Cygwin gdb debugger and uncheck the "Stop at main..." box.
This creates a run configuration under the Fortran category.

When debugging the first time, it can't find my source file. If
I select it manually in the dialog provided, all seems to work OK.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Walt Brainerd

Back to the top