RE: [photran] Error parser has stopped working (intel fortran compiler)

Sorry for the extremely delayed response. I have only just now had time to do a little more testing. I have upgraded both eclipse (Galileo 2.5.1) and Photran (5.0) and yet the problem with the error parser not being able to extract the file name still persists. If I create a simple 'hello world' program and place the source file in the main project directory then the error parser works correctly. However, if I move the source file to a subdirectory of the main directory then the earlier problem appears. I have experimented with the various error parsers in the project properties as well as adding the project subdirectories to the 'source folders' list, without luck. An example of compiler output that 'breaks' the error parser is as follows:

--------------INTEL FORTRAN OUTPUT BELOW--------

**** Build of configuration Intel(R) Fortran Toolchain on Intel(R) 64 for project test ****

make test
/opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/083/bin/intel64/ifort -c /home/dougal/workspace/test/t/test.f90 -o /home/dougal/workspace/test/t/test.o
/home/dougal/workspace/test/t/test.f90(8): error #5082: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ( %% : . = =>
asd
---^
/home/dougal/workspace/test/t/test.f90(8): error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section.
asd
---^
compilation aborted for /home/dougal/workspace/test/t/test.f90 (code 1)
make: *** [/home/dougal/workspace/test/t/test.o] Error 1

--------------INTEL FORTRAN OUTPUT ABOVE--------

The project directory is '/home/dougal/workspace/test', where '.../test/t' is a dummy subdirectory. When 'test.f90' is placed in '..../test' then the error parse correctly identifies '/home/dougal/workspace/test/test.f90' as containing the error. However, when 'test.f90' is placed in '..../test/t' then the error parsor fails.

Under Ubuntu, I've noticed that when photran opens a new shell to run a makefile it does not appear to execute (e.g.) .bashrc and thus no environment variables are set (they instead need to be set either in the makefile itself or in the 'project properties' menu). My only thought is that some essential environment variable has not been made accessible during the compile process.

Sincerely,
Dougal.