[photran] problem with debugging of variables whose size is declared by other variables

Hello,

I have a little problem with the debugger. I have many subroutines, where I
declare real variables and arrays, whose size depends on other variables.
Something like:

SUBROUTINE test(matrix,a,b)
implicit none
integer a,b
real*8 matrix(a,b)

When I debug the program and try to view the values of "matrix", it just
tells me [0] as value - for the complete variable/array. I suppose, the
debugger does not understand, how large "a" and "b" are - although he does
know the values of the variables "a" and "b"!
But if I change my subroutine or the declaration of "matrix" to:
real*8 matrix(3,3)
Then the debugger correctly lists the value of each entry.

Is there any way to get the debugger correctly working without changing all
the variables to specific values for debugging purposes?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Stefan Krieger

Back to the top