Re: Re: [Photran] Bug about Pointer in Fortran77(Fixed Format) with Photran4.0.4

Jeffrey Overbey,

	 Oh! Thank you very much!  I appreciate your attention very much!.

    Actually,  I am not sure if it is a part of Fortran standard. What I know is that Compaq Visual Fortran 6.5, GCC4.4 (it really needs the compile option -fcray-pointer), and AbSoft Pro Fortran 10.1 support it. Additionally,  The tutorials I used also explain it.

======= 2008-08-26 02:33:23 =======

>Hi Rongwang,
>
>> The syntax of pointer in fortran77 is the following:  POINTER (ptr, var)
>> Or this syntax is not supported yet? If so, could it be supported?
>
>If I'm not mistaken, this syntax is for Cray pointers, which are not
>part of the Fortran standard but rather a common extension.  We could
>definitely support it, though.
>
>Jeff

 Rongwang LI
    billgacsli@xxxxxxx