[photran] Getting started help.

Hi,

I'm newbie in all this trying to run and debug the simplest possible HelloWorld program using Photran.

FAQ tells me to avoid Managed Make. So I try Standard Make using "Getting Started with Managed Make" guide under "Documentation for Photran", Eclipse web site.  Unfortunately, that guide does not work for me, I can not recognize the steps taken there in the choices that are available in my installation.

To create a project I use File->New->Standard Make Project. I fill in the Project name and press Next that leads to "C/Make Project Settings". OK I can fill in the Error Parsers as I learned by Googling, but I am actually already lost from this very beginning.

Steps 3, 4 .. in the guide do not apply. There are no "Choose Executable (Gnu Fortran) project type to select just "Standard Make Project" and "Managed Make Project" and the rest is difficult for me to apply in any way.

What I need is some guidance to anything that works for running and debugging this simple case on my recently downloaded installation...

I have Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and Photran 3.1.0 downloaded from Yoxos running on LinuxMint (Ubuntu 7.10). My fortran compiler is gfortran.

Thanks for any help!!

Ingmar

Back to the top