Re: [photran] Getting started help.

You should get the newer Photran:
For eclipse 3.3.1.1, you need Photran 4.0.
Looks like you have an eclipse newer than the photran.
Get the Photran from the eclipse web site
http://www.eclipse.org/photran/download.php
as I am not sure what yoxos has.

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Ingmar
             Andersson"
             <ingmar@halludden                                          To
             .net>                     photran@xxxxxxxxxxx
             photran-bounces@e
             clipse.org                                            Subject
                                       [photran] Getting started help.

             02/10/08 07:55 PM

             Please respond to
                  Photran
                Information
             <photran@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,

I'm newbie in all this trying to run and debug the simplest possible
HelloWorld program using Photran.

FAQ tells me to avoid Managed Make. So I try Standard Make using "Getting
Started with Managed Make" guide under "Documentation for Photran", Eclipse
web site.  Unfortunately, that guide does not work for me, I can not
recognize the steps taken there in the choices that are available in my
installation.

To create a project I use File->New->Standard Make Project. I fill in the
Project name and press Next that leads to "C/Make Project Settings". OK I
can fill in the Error Parsers as I learned by Googling, but I am actually
already lost from this very beginning.

Steps 3, 4 .. in the guide do not apply. There are no "Choose Executable
(Gnu Fortran) project type to select just "Standard Make Project" and
"Managed Make Project" and the rest is difficult for me to apply in any
way.

What I need is some guidance to anything that works for running and
debugging this simple case on my recently downloaded installation...

I have Eclipse 3.3.1.1 and Photran 3.1.0 downloaded from Yoxos running on
LinuxMint (Ubuntu 7.10). My fortran compiler is gfortran.

Thanks for any help!!

Ingmar