Re: [photran] Where to focus development efforts

#1 on my wish list (which is no surprise to Jeff) is the ability to walk a
Photran AST with the same APIs as CDT - so that
we can do similar static analysis on Fortran code in Photran like we do on
C code in CDT:
- location of all MPI and OpenMP artifacts and mapping to source code lines
- MPI barrier analysis to detect possible deadlocks
- etc. etc.

You knew I'd ask!

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Jeffrey Overbey
             <subscribe-photra
             n@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                            To
             Sent by:                  "Photran@xxxxxxxxxxx":A Fortran
             photran-bounces@e         Plug-in for Eclipse
             clipse.org                <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             02/06/08 08:01 PM                                     Subject
                                       [photran] Where to focus
                                       development efforts
             Please respond to
             overbey2@xxxxxxxx
             ; Please respond
                  Photran
                Information
             <photran@eclipse.
                   org>

For help in planning our official, Eclipse-approved, non-beta release of
Photran later this year and future releases, we would like some input
from the community.

What functionality is most conspicuously missing from Photran?

What existing features are sub-par?

What can we do to make Photran more appealing and approachable to new
users?

I will send my own thoughts on these questions later: I would like to
hear from others before biasing the discussion.  Please reply to the
entire list.  Thanks in advance.

Jeff Overbey