Re: [photran] Problems setting up Photran with g95 under WinXP

Sebastian Hölz schrieb:

@ Doug Cox: I tried out the instructions from g95.org yesterday and got stuck with the mkmf utility, which simply would not work. I think it had something to do with the MinGW-perl, which somehow did not work properly. Anyways, I think I will not walk down the mkmf-road anymore.

Type "perl" (without ") at the prompt. If you got a error message like "file not found" (In German: 'Der Befehl "perl" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder konnte nicht gefunden werden.') or something similar, you have not had perl installed properly or perl is not in the path (Perl is part of the msysDTK-package). Be sure that the bin directories of your MinGW and Msys distributions are in the path.

I use mkmf on Windows and Linux for a pretty long time successfully. You find the original documentation at http://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/~vb/mkmf.html

Regards, Hani

Back to the top