Re: [photran] Problems setting up Photran with g95 under WinXP

OK,

@ Mr Chen & Mr. Tibbitts: thanks for giving me / pointing me to these instructions. I was able to build the "hello world" project as "Managed Make" with one modification:

Hello-Project => Properties => C/C++ Build => Settings => Tool Settings => GNU Fortran Compiler / Linker => Command ...

needed to be changed from "gfortran" to "g95", since this is the compiler I have installed. Where do I permanently change this for all new Fortran Projects ?!?

At first I could not proceed with the "Run As => C/C++ .." command, since it was not displayed, but it mysteriously appeared after some clicking and trying and now that it's there, I'm happy ... for the moment :-) ...

BTW: I was not able to successfully complete the "Standard Make", but thats not that important for the moment.

@ Doug Cox: I tried out the instructions from g95.org yesterday and got stuck with the mkmf utility, which simply would not work. I think it had something to do with the MinGW-perl, which somehow did not work properly. Anyways, I think I will not walk down the mkmf-road anymore.

@ Bob Hoffman: Problem solved for the moment, but I'll be back with new problems soon ...

And Now ???

Next I need to generate some dll-files. Since this is mainly a G95-issue I will look for some documentation on the net. If there are things to be considered in Photran, feel free to tell me.

Anyways, thanks a lot to everyone for helping me out so fast. I was realy frustated yesterday evening and I'm feeling much better now ...

Cheers

Sebastian

Back to the top