RE: [photran] Problems setting up Photran with g95 under WinXP

Sebastian, sorry you're having such a problem (problems).  At my first read
of your message, I'm not sure where to start to try to help...

On WinXP, I use Eclipse/MyEclipse as my primary technical dev. environment
and am able to do Fortran (via CygWin, though I did have it based on MinGW
for a while), Java, C and C++ development.  I'm big on Smalltalk, so have
kept looking at what's going in Eclipse/Smalltalk out of the corner of my
eye.  Just did a little Java to C to Java prototype dev. thing in Eclipse
and it's worked fine so far (via MinGW, CygWin didn't work -- was able to
basically unplug CygWin and plug in MinGW from within Eclipse by just
changing the local PATH and LIBRARY_PATH project environment variables).
So, what I guess I'm saying is that using Eclipse as the IDE for multiple
languages has worked for me.  That's not to say it hasn't been a technical
challenge at times.  One thing I have done (as a precaution more than
knowing in advance what to do) is to keep a different Eclipse for Fortran
(Photran), different from the Java/C/C++ one (i.e. I have two Eclipse
executables) -- just wasn’t sure how the "beta" versions of Photran might
impact the formal releases of the others (e.g. needing different CDT
versions) and didn't want to have to revisit re-installation of those
working environs.  I haven't gone to Photran 4.02 beta 2, yet -- keeping my
eye on the implementation issues reported in this forum.

Not sure what "ToolChain" refers to, perhaps you can elaborate?  I'll try to
help as time allows...

Regards, Bob