Re: [photran] RCP with CDT+Photran plug-ins (fwd)

java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at
org.eclipse.photran.internal.ui.editor.AbstractFortranEditor.<init>(AbstractFortranEditor.java:122)

Try commenting out this line (122 in AbstractFortranEditor.java). It's there only to propagate changes when the editor's syntax coloring preferences are changed, if I remember right.

My question is: which CDT/Photran plug-ins do I need to include in my RCP
? I hope I do not need to include all CDT/Photran plugins....

I can't say for sure, since I haven't tried this, and I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with it in the end. The minimal set should be org.eclipse.photran.cdtinterface, org.eclipse.photran.core, and org.eclipse.photran.ui. If you need parsing/refactoring/program analysis, you should include the VPG Core and UI plug-ins as well.

Your bigger concern developing an RCP application will probably be the fact that Photran and CDT rely heavily on the org.eclipse.core.resources plug-in (and even the org.eclipse.ui.ide plug-in, I think), which are not really appropriate for inclusion in RCP applications. Last week, I hacked together a standalone version of our parser and symbol table/program database for use in an (experimental) command line tool; I created mock objects for IFile, IResource, IPath, etc. which implement the methods we actually use but are backed by normal java.io.File objects. That was possible only because the VPG (and Fortran module loader) use only a very limited subset of these interfaces. But that might be an option; I can send that code if you want it.

Jeff

Back to the top