[photran] Installing Photran

If you're having trouble installing Photran, note there are two routes
("flavors" as described on the download page)

(1) Full version:  Install "Full Photran 3.1..."  as one step, also
available on Photran download page:
         http://www.eclipse.org/photran/download.php
       this has eclipse, cdt, and photran, in one bundle.

(2)Photran feature in an existing eclipse:  install eclipse 3.2.x, then cdt
3.1.x, THEN photran (Photran Feature 3.1 as noted on photran download page)
          this is three separate steps.

Note you still need a Fortran compiler and a make utility.

I could not get the error gif in a previous post. It wasn't there.
I don't think I saw the cdt plugins in the things you listed.
Perhaps installing the full version is the easiest route.

Make sure the 'plugins' and 'features' directories line up with whatever
you install yourself.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top