Re: [photran] sharing projects

I hope I am understanding you correctly.

What do I need to add to the repository so that we can all have the same workspace. (We just added a new member and he had to import the workspace, define variables used to run external program, still doesn't have access to the run and debug menus, had to set the editor policies to make it easy to work with our files, etc. ...)

For better or worse, you can't "share" a workspace: A workspace corresponds to a single user on a single machine.

With Java projects, you can share launch configurations by copying the relevant *.launch files from somewhere in your workspace's .metadata directory into some shared project, making them accessible to the other users. I think this works with Photran/CDT launches as well, but I've never tried it.

In fact, all of the workspace settings are buried somewhere in the .metadata folder. If that helps...

later this week, it would be good to check out the code to another directory, tell Photran to use that as my workspace, and get on with things.

This doesn't exactly answer your question, but you can use the -data switch to tell Eclipse/Photran where your workspace is. If the specified folder does not exist, it will be created. For example:

./eclipse -data /home/joverbey/photran32-workspace -vmargs -Xmx512M

Jeff

Back to the top