Re: [photran] German umlauts in Photran's 3.1.1 editor, comment/uncomment feature

- Photran's syntax highlighting became confused after I typed some
comments in German which contained umlauts (e.g. รค). The whole text

Interesting lexer bug!  Apparently we are not supporting unicode in the
lexer as well as I thought.  I added this as (high-priority) Bugzilla
136754.

- A very nice feature of SciTE is to comment and uncomment text blocks
to exclude code from compiling. I use this feature quite often.
Unfortunately I can not find this feature in Photran.

Try selecting a block of text and hitting Ctrl+/
There used to be a "Comment/Uncomment" item in the popup menu, but it
seems to have disappeared.  (Bugzilla 136757)

IMO Photran is a very nice IDE but SciTE has some features I would not
like to do without. A compromise would be to setup Photran with SciTE as
its editor.

If I may ask, what other features are missing?  We are not familiar with
SciTE but probably should be... and we are always looking for ways to
improve...

Nevertheless my really deep respect for the authors of Photran.

Thanks from all of us!

Jeff Overbey
UIUC, Photran Team

Back to the top