[photran] German umlauts in Photran's 3.1.1 editor, comment/uncomment feature

Hi,

I have used SciTE for developing Fortran (g95 on Windows and Linux)
programs till now and I was really satisfied with it. Nevertheless I
tried out Photran 3.1.1 since last week.

Beside all very nice features of Photran I missed a SciTE function and
find something like a bug:

- Photran's syntax highlighting became confused after I typed some
comments in German which contained umlauts (e.g. รค). The whole text
after the umlaut till the end of the file get the comment color. The
same behavior appears if you type umlauts anywhere in the editor.

- A very nice feature of SciTE is to comment and uncomment text blocks
to exclude code from compiling. I use this feature quite often.
Unfortunately I can not find this feature in Photran.

IMO Photran is a very nice IDE but SciTE has some features I would not
like to do without. A compromise would be to setup Photran with SciTE as
its editor.

Nevertheless my really deep respect for the authors of Photran.

Best regards

Hani

Back to the top