Re: [photran] Photran beta2 issues

On 1/31/06 10:29 AM, "Nicholas Carrasco" <Nick.Carrasco@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Issue 1:
> I'm working on a Mac running 10.4.4 (PowerPC G5) and every time I save a
> Fortran File, eclipse swallows all the available CPU performance, basically
> rendering the machine practically useless until it finishes.  Depending on the
> size of the file, this can be a while.

We don't test on a Mac, though I just got one in my office that we ought to
start testing on.  But this is probably not a Mac-specific problem, except
that the other machines seem to run the parser in the background better.

A week ago, Jeff made the parser 1000 times faster.  This ought to reduce
CPU use.   :-)   A new version, which will include this fix, should be
released very soon.  Perhaps today.

-Ralph Johnson

Back to the top