Re: [phoenix-dev] New website design: a call for participation

I like this idea. Personally I'd also like to lose the header bar. :) Modern pages seem to use a more integrated approach to displaying this information, and use whitespace around the edge of the page. IMHO that's a better look. I understand the need to supporting existing information, though. So I like the idea of asking for both. That way we know what we're missing. Or what we're not missing. :)

Karl

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
Why not have two design contests?
One for a revision to the current layouts (3/4 columns) and one for a "bold new look where no Eclipse.org site has gone before"?

Nathan Gervais wrote:

I think the point of having D is so our current pages that use that layout are still going to function after an upgrade of the skin.

I’m all for having new and fancy layouts that don’t involve 3 or 4 columns.

--
[end of message]