Re: [phoenix-dev] FW: [phoenix-epic-dev] new projects page

To explain...

I'd expect that

(take me to) "the downloads" ~= "all project downloads"

But in reality it's

(take me to) "the downloads" ~= "the platform downloads & EPP bundles"

I guess my question comes from the number of times I've had to answer questions like this one in IRC:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Where_can_I_get_a_list_of_all_the_Eclipse_projects.3F
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Where_can_I_get_project_XYZ.3F
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IRC_FAQ#Where_can_I_get_Eclipse.3F

But as you said in your other reply... we serve a diverse community and everyone has a slightly different view of the world, and needs from the eclipse.org site. I don't think there's a silver bullet to solve everyone's needs.

It used to be in the marketing world you could sell your stuff w/ a single media type (TV, print)... but these days you have to recycle the same marketing plan across tv, print, google, social-networking-sites, text-messages, interstitials-in-web-video-content, ... and the number of places to sell is ever-increasing, with the return from each one ever-shrinking (especially from TV and print).

In the same vein, the Eclipse brand is too many things to an ever-increasing number of people, so maybe your candy-coloured landing page is a better approach than making people hunt for what they want the hard way.

After all, http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/index-quick.php was quite the success (IMHO) so keep up the good work. ;-)

Could the page, in its candy-coloured glory, include suggestive icons too, as your index-quick.php page does?

Nick