Re: [phoenix-dev] Homepage Prototypes

Nathan,

These look real good.  Here are some thoughts:

- I agree with Mike that the screenshots are small, but I disagree that they aren't useful. Can we have only one screenshot, but bigger? Perhaps one screenshot that is the height of both combined?

- I sort of prefer the Roles page, as it contains fewer choices. However, it leads to more clicks.

Thanks,

Denis

Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.  --  http://www.eclipse.org/
Office: 613.224.9461 x224
Cell: 819.210.6481
denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx

Mike Taylor wrote:
Hi Nathan,
My two cents (keeping in mind I have no homepage design expertise) ;-)...

Overall, I like the clean look. Navigation is much improved.

I feel that there's a lack of visibility/navigation for EPIC on both prototypes. I'd like to see it as easy to get to as the download.

I really like both sets of roles. Ideally there would be a way to make them all visible on the homepage, retaining their individual organizational integrity.

The EPIC survey indicates a strong desire for direct access to "eclipse stuff", but less interest in "news stuff"...maybe we should take that into account for the homepage.

The double screenshot on both samples seems like wasted space, too small to really be useful, not flashy enough to be really visually interesting...put the EPIC button there ;-)

MikeT